Monday 3 February 2014

Style | SS14 - Monochrome

It's that time of year again. The sales are over and the emails are flooding in; the new collections are here!

I'm not one for sales, most likely because of my very small patience threshold and my value of personal space, so January shopping is a bit of an 'awkward turtle' for me. However, the arrival of February has sent my mind in to overdrive thinking back to London Fashion Week in September 2013 and what inspired me most.

Everyday this week I'll be posting my top picks from the high street that tick all the major Spring/Summer 2014 trends - from black and white to pretty pastels and tribal influences, there's something to incorporate in to everyone's personal style.



001. Checked bomber jacket - Primark (in stores April)
002. Black and white geometric print skort - River Island

003. Boyfriend gilet - Mango
004. Petite leather look crop tee - Topshop
005. Side panel trousers - Vila

001. As you'll see throughout this week, I love a good bomber jacket. Dorothy Perkins had a very similar one to this a while back but I missed it. They're so versatile - wear it with a pair of cropped boyfriend jeans and a strappy heel, or if you're feeling more casual why not try a classic slip-on trainer.

002. This is amazing - I spotted it online at the weekend and am desperate to get to a store to try it on! Skorts take me back to my primary school years. I'm talking a bright orange, towel-like, Reebok beauty with matching polo shirt - not cool. I love how grown up and glam River Islands take on the skort could easily look if kept in the monochrome theme with a bright heel.

003. The tailored waistcoat is such a classic item. My mum has been dying for one of these for the past year, I'd love to treat her to it!

004. Better step up those crunches ladies because crop tops are not going anywhere soon. Leather alone always adds edge to an outfit but the simplistic and boxy style of this Topshop tee is the perfect addition to any printed trouser.

005. After looking at these for a few weeks on Asos, I wasn't quite sure what to pair them with, until today! Now I'm just praying for a double student discount event!

How would you wear the monochrome trend?

L x



No comments:

Post a Comment