Sunday 26 January 2014

The Weekend | Almost Famous


NOTE - this photograph is not even remotely relevant to this post but I just love breakfast! It was homemade chocolate porridge with peanut butter (I’m obsessed), raspberries, banana and walnuts and it was just so delicious that I had to share it!



Grey t-shirt – New Look
Faux leather trousers – H&M 
Nike Dunk Sky Highs – Footlocker 
Necklace – Warehouse (old)
Watch – Michael Kors
Rings – H&M 
Nails - Essie in Midnight Cami

I did something questionable today - I combined silver and gold jewellery... and liked it. I know this is considered a big taboo in the world of fashion but just like wearing navy and black together, I just don't see what the big deal is.




Fully embracing my penultimate weekend of living in Manchester, it was time for a burger and there was only one place on the menu – Almost Famous.

Two of my best friends, Michaella and Meeka, from Leeds drove down Sunday morning and after showing them around the apartment and having a brief moan about our latest outbreaks or hangovers, we headed to Great Northern Square for lunch (I just called dinner lunch… I’m a changed woman).

After quite literally googling ‘the best burger in Manchester’ I had high expectations of Almost Famous having read glowing reviews; we were not disappointed. The restaurant itself was one of a kind with a life size cow (model obviously) and a King Kong style gorilla all under one roof. I went for the Famous burger with Winning fries (they were yummy sweet potato - I'm a recent convert) and it was quite literally the best burger that I have ever consumed. The girls agreed. I can’t quite describe why, maybe it was the Famous sauce, the cheese, the bun? I have no idea, all I know is that it was amazing. 

It's been great to catch up properly with the girls and it's making me quite excited about the next few months in my beloved home town of Leeds.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.
L x

1 comment: